Let us look into what parasitism types are all about but, before that; we would like to let you know that trendybeatzs.com is one of the websites that educate us on any type of health condition you seek to know.
However, the parasite causes serious harm to the body in one way or the other. That is why; we are here to educate you on some of the parasites that could expose the body to different types of diseases.
READ MORE: Foods to Avoid During Old Age
Although some parasites remained in the body without showing any sign hence, that type of parasite is deadly. Once, parasites invade the body, they remained countless times deriving their food from the host.
Yet, it derives its food from the body which in turn causes serious harm to the host hence, the name parasitism.
It can be defined as a situation where the parasite lives in another organism called the host. However, it is an association where one of the partners is harmed and the other lives at the expense of the other.
Moreover, a parasite is a living organism, which takes its nourishment and other needs from the host. The host; is an organism that supports the parasite.
An example is an organism like a worm that resides in the gastrointestinal tract of man and feeds on intestinal food. It equally causes serious illness to the body.
Furthermore, parasitology is the study of the relationship between a parasite and its host. The parasites included in medical parasitology are protozoa, helminth, and some arthropods.
Different kinds of parasite
Thus, there are different kinds of parasites in your body which is going to be explained for a better understanding of what parasites mean;
Ectoparasite parasitism types
It is a parasite that lives on the outer surface of its host. Examples of these kinds of parasites are lice, ticks, and mites. More so, this kind of parasite exists outside the body causing serious harm to the host where it dwells. Appropriate terminology include; the infected and infested.
It is a parasite that lives inside the body of its host. This kind of parasite is known to be more deadly than the latter because it is more poisonous. Hence, examples include roundworms.
However, researchers believe that parasite would causes serious harm to your body preventing your body from functioning as usual.
Different kinds of host
Moreover, in your body, there are different hosts that the parasite harbors causing serious diseases in your body. However, the different kinds of hosts are.
- Definitive host: It is a type of host that harbors a parasite in the adult stage or where the parasite undergoes a sexual method of reproduction. Hence, the parasite reaches sexual maturity and reproduces.
More so, in your body, these types of parasite are deadly as it reproduces inside your body. Consequently; when they mature in your body, they keep reproducing and, multiplying terminating the immune system.
- Intermediate host: Researchers have shown that this type of host is most deadly when it harbors in your body. It is a host that harbors the larval stages of the parasites or an asexual cycle of development takes place.
Additionally, in your body, these types of the host do not reach sexual maturity; often in asexual stages.
- Reservoir host: Once, a parasite invades your body, the host makes the parasites available for transmission to another host. And, your body, is not affected by the infection.
However, parasitism meaning is very important for every concerned human being to understand because your body needs to be free from parasites as it is deadly in the body.
Different Parasitism Types
- Obligate parasite: this parasite is completely dependent on the host during a segment or all of its life cycle. An example of a parasitism type is Plasmodium. It causes diseases like malaria in your body that are transmitted to your body by mosquitoes.
- Facultative parasite: However, your body did not come up with a parasite but as a result, you gave way to it, and it invade through that means. Thus, it is an organism that exhibits in your body both parasitic and nonparasitic modes of living. Hence, it does not absolutely depends on the parasitic way of life. Examples include Naegleria fowleri.
However, parasites are so deadly in your body when they invade leading to the development of different signs indicating that it has made their way into your body. This symptom resembles another disease like pneumonia. The symptoms are outlined here.
- Weight loss
- Abdominal pain
- Sleeping problems
- Allergies and vomiting
Laboratory Diagnosis of parasites
Furthermore, depending on the nature of the parasitic infection. the following specimen has been selected. Thus, the specimen will help us understand parasitism meaning more better.
- Biopsy material
- Urethra or vagina discharge
However, many parasitic infections; in your body can be cured by specific chemotherapy. Hence, to obtain maximum effect, it is desirable that the drugs administered should not be absorbed. Thus; when you have malaria, anti-malaria drugs will be of help.
However, the preventive measure is designed against every parasite infecting humans or your body to break the transmission cycle. Thus, such preventive measure you needed includes;
- Reduction of the source of infection: your body helped in preventing parasites by maintaining personal hygiene. As a result, a prompt diagnosis and treatment of parasitic disease is an important component in the prevention of dissemination in your body.
- Sanitary control of drinking water and food
- Proper waste disposal
- The use of insecticide and other chemicals
Finally, you should ensure that you avoid parasites by maintaining hygiene as it would be deadly when they made their way into your body. Parasitism types are where we are going to end this post.